Lower Grange Farm is currently closed for activities and camping in line with Government lockdown restrictions. Should you need to contact us, our office is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 2pm - 01622 766846.
For the latest information, please visit our winter pages here.
Beavers Disability Awareness Badge
Bring your Colony to Lower Grange Farm to complete the Beavers Disability Awareness Badge in one evening. Your session will cover
- Looking at a building to discover what difficulties a disabled person might have and what could be done to improve access for them
- Using a wheelchair both seated in it and pushing it, and completing a journey with doors and steps
- Using other equipment that a disabled person may use, such as grabbers,to pick up different objects
- Learning to finger spell your name
- Playing games to gain an understanding of hearing and sight loss
This badge course can be run in the evening throughout the year from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
To book a session for your Colony phone 01622 766840 or email email@example.com
The charge for this badge course is £5 each for a minimum of 10 young people, including refreshments and the badge.
Download a Beavers Disability Awareness Badge flyer here
Full details of the badge requirements are on the Scout Association website here